"Knitwhits kits may win the prize in the category of cute, fun things to knit..
Cotton hats, wool hats, purses, scarves, flowers, cat toys and even knit bikinis;
requiring skill levels from beginning to advanced; felted and not felted - there's
something here to appeal to every knitter."
Edie Eckman - Creative Knitting
PATTERN CORRECTIONS AND IMPROVEMENTS
Sadly, mistakes do happen.... All current pattern editions are corrected. Changes are in bold.
(Patterns published prior to November 2011)
Right Edge Triangle: Row 9:Slip 1, M1, K3, SSK.
Right Leaning Diamonds: Repeat rows 2 & 3 until all sts are worked Do not turn on last WS row before 2nd Diamond.
Next Diamond: Pick up and purl 6 sts along edge from previous level. Repeat rows 2 and 3 as before.
Continue in this manner working rows of diamonds with the last four shapes (edge triangle and diamonds) until you have completed a final row of Right Edge Triangle, Left Leaning Diamond and Left Edge Triangle and you have about 2-3 yards of yarn remaining.
(Patterns Published Prior to December 2010) Right Edge Triangle: Work rows 1-9 as written - omit next two rows (says Row 9 + Row 10), Right Leaning Diamonds: Row 3: Slip 1, P4 P2tog, turn.
- Baby Owlet (Patterns Published Prior to June 2009) Wings, Row 16: K2, sl1, K2tog, PSSO K2.Cut yarn and leaving a 6" tail. Thread yarn through rem sts. Don't pull tight.
- Caitlin (Patterns Published Prior to March 2009) Right Front, Row 6: After cable repeat, K to end.
- Bramble Owl (Patterns Published Prior to November 2008) Correction to stitch count on Stomach Panel. In section marked "Stomach Panel": Row 14 ends with 14 sts, row 18 ends with 12 sts.
- Edie Cardigan (Patterns Published Prior to November 2008) Adjustment to Small size.
In Section marked "First Armhole": Now work 23 row repeat another 2, 2, 3, 4, 5 times.
- HETTIE Chicken Softie (Patterns published prior to September 2008)
Row 3 should say: K11, wyif, sl st, wyib, sl st back to LH needle, turn.
Row 9 should say: K10, knit next stitch together with double wrapped stitches, wyif, sl st, wyib, sl st back to LH needle, turn (there is now a double wrapped stitch)
Row 10 should say: P11, purl stitch together with double wrapped stitches, wyib, sl st, wyif, sl st back to LH needle, turn (there is now a double wrapped stitch)
Row 11: K12, knit next stitch together with double wrapped stitches. Resume knitting in the round and knit rem 38 sts.
Tail Shaping complete.
Body Shaping (cont'd):
Next round (Rnd 28): K2. Lift the 2 wraps from the next stitch, and this (previously) wrapped stitch onto RH needle, work an SSSK with these three slipped sts. Continue round as follows: K1, K2tog, *K4, K2tog* rep to end. (45 sts)
Rnd 32: *K2, K2tog* rep to end (27sts)
(Patterns published prior to November 2008)
Row 30: Sl 1, K3tog tbl, K1 (3 sts)
Rows 13 - 19: Beginning with a purl row, work 7 rows in St. st., slipping first st of each row
Rows 20, 22 and 24: Sl 1, knit to last 3 sts, K2tog, K1
Row 30: Sl 1, K3tog, K1 (3 sts)
- GLAM Bikini (Patterns published prior to August 2008)
Row 3 should say: K1, *yfwd, sl 2, ybk, k 2, repeat from * to last 3 sts, yfwd, sl 2, ybk, k 1.
- RUQIA Purse (Typo)
Row 44 should say: [SSK, K6, M1, Sl1P, M1, K6, K2tog] repeat 4 more times to end.
- FLORE Hat (Clarification)
When working the M1, work as a lifted increase, this is less tight than a traditional M1 and will be easier to do.
- Lexi Blue and Brown Purse Kit (Patterns Published Prior to March 2006)
Magnetic snap cover: "With Brown...."
- Ruby Scarf: (Patterns Published Prior to January 2006)
Final instruction of "Finish the Main scarf as follows": 2 CH, HDC to end.
Also: "---then repeat multicolor panel in reverse order one more time (starting with six repeats in Color F and finishing with 2 repeats in Color B)"
- Ella Crochet Scarf Kit: (Patterns Published Prior to December 2005)
Recommended Crochet Hook Size:US F - 3.75mm
- Lanikai Bikini:
Final row instructions of bottom front: Repeat these two rows until you have (56, 64, 68) 72 sts.
- Siena Hat: (Improvement to Infant Size)
after Shape Crown and completion of decrease to 32 sts, work as follows:
Infant size only:
Work chart rows 11-13.
Next round: *K2tog with G, K2tog with C, repeat from * to end. (16) sts
Break yarn and draw end through remaining stitches to secure.
- Cricket Hat (Patterns Published Prior to November 2004)
Round 8: *(K1, P1) twice, BP1, (P1, K1)twice,...
- Naima Bikini: (Patterns Published Prior to June 2004)
Row 8: Slip 1, K2, turn
Row 9: Slip 1, P1, P2tog, turn
Row 10: Slip 1, K1, turn
Row 11: Slip 1, P2tog, turn
Row 12: Slip 1, turn.
Row 13: P2tog, do not turn ) twice...
Right Edge Triangle:
Row 4: Slip 1, P2, turn
Row 5: Slip 1, K3, turn
Row 6: Slip 1, P3, turn
Levels 5 - 11:
Replace: "Cast off 1st 8 sts in color (x)" with "Cast off 1st 5 sts in color (x)
- Flamingo Bikini: (Patterns Published Prior to May 2004)
Bikini Bottom Front:
Row 1: K3, P1, K1, M1 knitwise, [P1, K1] to last 6 sts, P1, M1 knitwise, K1, P1, K3
Row 2: Keeping all sts correct, work to end of row
Row 3: K3, P1, K1, M1 purlwise, [K1, P1] to last 6 sts, K1, M1 purlwise, K1, P1, K3
Row 4: Keeping all sts correct, work to end of row
- Madison (Patterns Published Prior to August 2003)
Round 13: K3 (B), K1 (D), *K5 (B), K3 (D), K5 (B), K1 (D) continue from *,to last 10 sts, K5 (B), K3 (C), K2 (B).
Round 14: K2 (B), K3 (D), *K5 (B), K1 (D), K5 (B), K3 (D), continue from *, to last 9 sts, K5 (B), K1(C),K3 (B).
- Herbie: (Patterns Published Prior to August 2003)
(Shape Crown) Infant size:
Round 1: * K1 (B), (K1 (B), P2 (A)) 7 times, K2 (B). Repeat from * 3 times to end.
If you find an error in a pattern, or have a question, please send us an email - Thank you!